Below are the positions currently available at COTA Australia:
Policy Manager, COTA Australia, Canberra
COTA Australia’s focus is on national policy issues from the perspective of older people as citizens and consumers and we seek to promote, improve and protect the circumstances and wellbeing of older people in Australia. Information about and the views of our constituents and members are gathered through a wide variety of consultative and engagement mechanisms and processes.
The key responsibilities of the position are:
- Develop policy and advice on issues affecting and concerns of older Australians
- Support the internal COTA Australia policy development process
- Stakeholder Relations, Engagement & Communications
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated expertise in policy development, implementation, evaluation and review.
- Demonstrated ability to research and evaluate public policy, social research and program methodologies.
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in working externally of Government to achieve policy objectives including within advisory groups
- Demonstrated high-level oral and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Outstanding capacity to work effectively with all stakeholders including older people and volunteers.
- Experience in working with community based organisations including supporting governance structures
- Outstanding organisational skills to deliver quality outcomes under pressure and within tight or multiple deadlines and financial constraints.
- Appropriate skills in the use of Microsoft computer software
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or relevant equivalent experience (desirable).
The position is based on Canberra and responsible to the Chief Executive.
For inquiries about the position, please email Janice Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must address the selection criteria, be submitted electronically in word or pdf format to email@example.com and include a CV listing 2 referees.
Applications close midday Monday 6 August 2018.