The Aged Care Navigators Trial provides a free, independent and confidential service to older people, their families and carers, on:
- the types of subsidised age services available;
- how to access age services;
- customer rights and responsibilities;
- registering with My Aged Care and understanding how the system works;
- the supports available in your area;
- how to compare services, facilities and prices;
- other options if you are on a waiting list for services;
- and much more.
The Navigator service is aimed at helping people who:
- are vulnerable, isolated, homeless, disadvantaged or impaired;
- have dementia or mental health problems;
- are unlikely to seek aged care support without assistance from others
- have limited access to the internet or other technologies;
- live in rural or remote areas.
The Navigator trials are operating in limited regions around Australia until December 2022.
To find out if a Navigator is available in your area, find your local navigator here contact our friendly team on 1300 268 228 (1300 COTA AU).
The Aged Care Navigators Trial is delivered as part of a consortium led by COTA Australia and funded by the Australian Government.
You can find the contact details of all 20 organisations who are part of the consortium here: ACSN Partner Organisations with contact details.